■ Items of Personal Information to be Collected and Collection Methods
The Company collects the following personal information for purposes of providing membership services, including membership subscriptions, consultations, prevention of wrongful uses:
* Required items : names, IDs, passwords, e-mail addresses, addresses, mobile phone numbers, telephone numbers, IP addresses, payment records,
* Selective items : Information required by the Company to provide customized services.
■ Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes:
- Payment of costs incurred as a result of performing agreements on provisions of services or providing services, Provisions of the contents, purchases or cost payments, deliveries of goods or sending bills, etc., verifying identifications for financial transactions, and financial services
- Control of Members
To verify identifications for uses of membership services, to identify individuals, to prevent wrongful uses of bad members or unauthorized uses, to verify intents for subscriptions, to verify ages, to verify the consent of a legal representative for collecting personal information of children of not more than fourteen (14) years old, to handle civil complaints including handling grievances, to convey notifications
- Use for Marketing and Advertisements
To convey information for advertisements including events, to figure out contact frequencies, to obtain statistics on service uses by members
■ Retention and Use Period for Personal Information
In principle, after the purposes of collecting and using personal information have been fulfilled, the Company shall without delay destroy relevant information; provided, however, that the Company shall retain personal information for a certain period of time where it is required to do so for purposes of confirming transactions related management and rights under the provisions of relevant laws including the Commercial Code and the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions as follows:
- Records on agreements or withdrawals of offers : five (5) years (the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc.)
- Records on payments and supplies of goods : five (5) years (the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc.)
- Records on complaints of consumers or dispute resolutions : three (3) years (the Act Relating to Protection of Consumers in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc.)
- Where personal information has been collected for temporary purposes, such as questionnaires, events : at the time of completion of a particular questionnaire or event
- Records on verification of identification: six (6) months (the Act Relating to Information Communication Network Promotion and Personal Information Protection)
- Records on visits (log-ins) : three (3) months (the Communication Secret Protection Act)
■ Provisions of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company uses the personal information of users within the scope that users have consented to the “Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information,” but does not use the personal information of users in excess of the scope without prior consent of users or in principle does not disclose the personal information of users to the outside; provided, however, that exceptions are made in the following cases:
- Where users have given a prior consent thereto; or
- Where there is required under the provisions of laws or requested by investigating agencies according to the procedures and methods prescribed under the laws for investigation purposes.
■ Delegation of Handling Personal Information
In the event that the Company handles the personal information of users by delegation to ensure smooth handling of duties, it must give users a prior notice of the persons delegated to handle the personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Delegatees”) and the content of duties delegated to handle the personal information. Currently, the Company’s delegatees to handle personal information and the content of duties shall be as follows:
Persons for delegation (delegatees)
and the content of duties for delegation (delegated duties)
[Makeshop Delivery Center]
providing services for shipping goods, the shipping place, the arrival information, etc.
Koreacenter.com Co., Ltd.
Management by consignment of customer information DB system (outsourcing for data processing)